Monday, December 19, 2005

A Pain In The Neck

I woke up with one.

You know, that aching muscle cramp from sleeping in some twisted fashion your body's not used to. How does that happen, I wonder. A hot shower, Ben Gay (whew, stinky), and Advil ... but it still didn't kick it. I walk around like Frankenstein, holding my head in a fused position with my neck.

I'm supposed to wrap presents today. Lots of them. Something I do every year with my friend, Dena. A volunteer thing for our writers group. I'll be two hours at the Barnes & Noble in Greensboro ... wrapping ... I can't imagine how I'll do it ... not easily, I'm sure. All while putting on my best smile.

I need a heating pad and a good stiff drink. Enough of this typing position here at the desk.

Today ... everything is a pain in the neck ... maybe tomorrow will be different.

I'm thinking positive.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: