Friday, December 02, 2005

It's Dena Harris Week!


My friend and collegue, Dena Harris, wrote a cat humor book that is taking the area by storm! She's truly the Erma Bombeck of cat writers! Funny and sweet, her book is a great gift for Christmas, but even more than that ... if you love cats ... or if you know somebody who does, this is the perfect book because she brings to life the day to day events in living with one ... or two as the case may be.

This week, Dena was on the Fox8 morning TV news show, interviewed by Cindy Farmer the co-anchor seat for this highly watched program. Dena is a natural and her personality just lit up the screen! Such a great treat to see your good friend shine on television.

Last night her book launch rocked at The Green Bean Coffee House in Greensboro. The place was full with fans wanting her book. Sometime in the near future, I'll have pictures of this event on my web site and on this blog. There were two cats from Happy Hills Animal Shelter available for adoption - but unfortunately, nobody took them home ... beautiful and sweet animals. I'm only hoping they go to good homes, they were such docile creatures ... oblivious to the noise and all the fingers poking in their cage. Even though I'm not a cat lover to the degree of my pal, Dena, I would've taken "Smokey" home in a minute if I wasn't allergic to cat dander. Ahh, I'm still thinking about him this morning.

Dena's humor book is a wonderful read, but more importantly, I believe she's raising awareness to the need of finding good homes for cats instead of killing them. Getting them spayed and neutered, instead of letting them have litter after litter of unwanted kittens. She's letting people know they need to take responsibility for their pets, love them, care for them ... they're God's creatures.

Go to her web site at www.denaharris.com. You can learn about her book and click to her blog, which is also a daily must read!

Congratulations to Dena! When I introduced her last night, I got all choked up at the end ... yikes! I just hope when she introduces me in March at my book launch, she'll remember not to drink a beer beforehand!

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: