Friday, September 09, 2005

Sister Story Goddesses

Throughout the course of this blog, you'll hear about the Story Goddesses. A group of six women, writers and editors with flare. We met in Orlando at the Breakout Novel Intensive and we all just clicked. Like a bunch of giddy girls that love to dance and drink mojitos. We range in ages, backgrounds, and writing experience. We live in New York, Washington, Idaho, North Carolina, Maryland, and Florida. But our goals are all to publish and over the months, our friendships solidified so thoroughly that one would wonder about the destiny of it all. Pictures of the goddesses can be found on my web site in Journey 2005 and in the Photo Album.

I think of my SSG's and miss them when the week goes by with no emails flying back and forth. I wonder if Lisa is back home from Australia, and just what is next on her wedding list of things to do. And if the conferences outside of the U.S. are as wonderful as ours. I miss Lisa's sweetness.

I think about Jody, and if she's winding down after a great season of weddings, and long nights of other people's parties at their restaurant. Where is she with her book. Done, I'll bet, or close to it. I miss being around Jody's tenacity.

How Bitsy is so lucky to be grandmother to THREE. How her baby boy is doing. If she's ready to publish that hot romance. I miss Bitsy's voice. I really do. I miss hearing the sound of her laugh.

And where in the world is Beth Ann? I read her blog and miss her even more. The woman is fearless. She's on a round the world cruise, how fearless is that? In more ways than one. I miss Beth's calming quality. And her unconditional love.

And Jolee, is she ready to sell and move inland? Or will she stick out yet another hurricane season? The yoga queen will prevail. A woman of substance. God, I miss her moxie!

I suppose all the hurricane devastation has made me a little melancholy. I miss my friends.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: