Wednesday, September 28, 2005

It's A Dog's Life

My writing buddy, Dena, was on the radio this morning being interviewed about her new book coming out ... Lessons in Stalking...Adjusting to Life With Cats - www.lessonsinstalking.com. Also, she had two stories in the Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. Great interview, a whole hour on WGOS am radio. I'm sure it will sell more that a few books for her, Dena is nothing less than a professional with a sweet spirit, and a hell of a funny writer. (Other than the fact that the radio station didn't TAPE THE INTERVIEW...how ridiculous is that...it went off without a hitch...in my humble opinion.)

But I don't have cats. I'm allergic. I like cats, but I can't say I've ever loved a cat never having the opportunity. My eyes itch and turn red and I sneeze for hours, so cats aren't something I've gravitated to. But dogs, that's different. My two doggies, little Maltese - Sebastian and Ariel (yes, from the Little Mermaid) are the luckiest two puppies on the face of the earth. They're never alone, they get too much to eat, and they spend their time ... sleeping most of the day away.

Other than when my mother-in-law (really they're her dogs) feeds them and lets them out, for the most part - they're a couple of pig bellies. I love them dearly...they're like having a constant baby around, but not as much work.

I watch them as they lay here at my feet, snoring. I'm thinking about joining them.

What a way to live ... no worries from one meal to the next.

A dog's life. Nice.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: