Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Foggy Morning, A Foggy Mind

A blanket of cloud lays over the Triad this morning. I think it's invaded my head. I can't seem to shake it out. It could be because I was up 'til two a.m. finishing a story.

I'm still rubbing my eyes and I'm e-mailed new pictures of a Michael's brand new great nephew, Tanner. Our nephew, Nick, looks so fresh and rested while Tanner's mommy looks pretty, but wasted. Like she's just had a baby. God, I remember those "newborn" days. Talk about a cloudy head. I think the fog never lifted until my babies were three months old. It cracks me up, all new mothers are anxious to get home and "get started." If they only knew what awaits them ... they'd beg the insurance companies for a week in the hospital.

But, from the looks of things our little great nephew, Tanner, might be the perfect child. Sleep all night, never spit up, never leak poop out his diapers, never cause his parents a sleepless night, never scream for no reason, never embarass his mama at the Food Lion, never pitch a fit in Target, never come home covered in mud from head to toe with frogs in his pockets, never wreck his bike and skin his knees ... just the perfect little boy.

Ain't happenin' Nick and Lesley.

And you wouldn't want it any other way. Cherish the memories ... even the nasty ones that keep you up for days. You'll laugh about 'em later. Congratuations!

I guess I'm waking up. Another cup of coffee should burn out the rest of the fog. I'll stare at the baby pictures a little longer. Maybe that'll help me remember what it was like to be totally fogged up.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: