Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Book Festival

Book Marks Book Festival in Winston-Salem was beyond my expectations. Michele Andrea Bowen, Church Folk; Second Sunday; Dorothea Benton Frank, Pawleys Island; Bill Thompson, Sweet Tea, Fried Chicken and Lazy Dogs - Reflections on North Carolina Life; Ann B. Ross, The Miss Julia Series; Quinn Dalton, Bulletproof Girl; Mindy Friddle, The Garden Angel; Lynn York, The Piano Teacher; Sara Shaber, Tar Heel Dead; Michael Parker, If You Want Me To Stay; Tommy Hays, The Pleasure Was Mine; Lynne Hinton, The Last Odd Day; Micah Nathan, Gods of Aberdeen; Edward Falco, Wolf Point, and my favorite today was Gene Cheek, The Color of Love: A Mother's Choice in the Jim Crow South.

These are just a sampling of the authors at the festival today. Exhibitors including publishers, concessions, Barnes & Noble, and a bright blue sunny sky and low humidity.

I'm tired, covered with dust, my feet hurt, my back aches, but I had a blast! Stay tuned for pictures on my web site!
Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: