Monday, September 04, 2006

The Wilds of Florida

Off to Florida ... a few days with my folks in Ocala, then Michael and I head to Orlando and to the Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA) trade show and conference. I'm looking forward to this massive show of booksellers, authors, editors, publishers and the thousands of books to be touted and shown off at this event. Including my book ... Southern Fried Women!

I won't be blogging for a week and neither will my writing buddy, Dena, who is off to the wilds of solitude in the mountains for a week in a cabin to write ... I envy her. But she left me with a great idea as I read her blog (www.denaharris.squarespace.com) this morning ... I leave you for the week with one of my favorite quotes!

"It is not enough merely to love literature, if one wishes to spend one's life as a writer. It is a dangerous undertaking on the most primitive level. For, it seeems to me, the act of writing with serious intent involves enormous personal risk. It entails the ongoing courage for self-discovery. It means one will walk forever on the tightrope, with each new step presenting the possiblility of learning a truth about oneself that is too terrible to bear."
-- Harlan Ellison

See you in a week!

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: