Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Shining Example

I watched and listened to the former Prime Minister of Israel speak on TV late last evening. He observed that the world has been used to Israel being passive and the underdogs for the past 2,000 years and now that they are not and wish to conduct themselves as a democracy and protect themselves as a people, the world just doesn't understand it. But something he said struck a chord in me and rang like some liberty bell in the dark halls of a future looming in the dark distance. He said, "We are never going to the gas chambers again."

My friend Dena and I are going to the play, "The Diary of Anne Frank" this coming week. I am not a political person ... my opinions on the state of my city, county, country ... the world ... are not a focus of my life. I feel rather hopeless toward solutions. But when it comes to the matters of the human condition, the heart, and the children of any nation ... I tend to believe that mankind is continually evil and those who finally take a stand against evil should be applauded.

Looking forward to the play, Benjamin Netanyahu's comments made me realize that eventually, everyone get's fed up with being bullied. Even if it takes 2,000 years ... at some point in time you have to rise to the top and fight back.

A shining example to aspire to ... in my humble opinion.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: