Friday, April 07, 2006

Bad Boys, Bad Boys

What a sight to see! You know when you finally get fed up with a constant barking dog and those noisy neighbors, and you stomp to the phone to call the police department, but it somehow falls between the cracks of Barney Miller's desk?

Well, not today, baby.

Last week I sent a polite little email off to our local police department complaining about the loud speeding cars that race by my house every day. I swear, one of these days, some poor soul is going to end up hurt or worse. My road is a straight mile and a half of "country" road. Houses are relatively close, although there is a large cow pasture across the street. Still, we're close enough to the "city," we get a fair amount of traffic. My office faces the street ... and several times a day I hear the zooooom of fast cars racing by, knowingly going way over the posted speed limit.

So, like any concerned citizen for the safety of people living on this road, I emailed the police.

And today ... a fast moving motorcycle went racing by ... and then the sound of a police siren and flashing lights go flying after him. Then moments later, another speeder got popped.

Music to my ears.

How long it will last and will it stop the tazmanian devils on my street is anybody's guess. I just have to remember to watch my own speed when I'm in a hurry to get to Novel group.

Kudos to the A.P.D. COPS. When you deliver the facts, and nothing but the facts ... justice will be served to the bad boys, bad boys, what 'cha gonna do when they come for you?

Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hearing Gomer Pyle's voice from the Andy Griffith show: "Citizen's Arrest! Citizen's Arrest!" =)

You get 'em, girl.