Friday, January 06, 2006

Murder We Write

(I just read my blog from yesterday, whew. Talk about a mood swing. It must be these mid-life female hormones ... think? Good grief! I haven't been feeling tippy top lately, and I guess it showed yesterday in my blog!)

But last night! What fun! Spoke to a very responsive and eager bunch of wonderful women (and two men) all part of Sisters in Crime. Our chapter is called Murder We Write. My talk, WRITING CONFERENCES/CLASSES - WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN'T DO FOR YOU ... rocked!

After spending the past two and half years touring around the country to dozens of conferences and writing classes ... some big, some expensive, some free and in the next county ... I can get excited talking about them. To me, it's all about the networking! It's worked miracles for me!

My desire is to encourage other writers, the more timid writers, to get out there and do some handshaking. Take advantage of the opportunities at conferenes to meet your colleagues, editors and agents. Obviously, I've got lots to talk about when it comes to writers' conferences. Check out my web site ... it's all on there. www.pamelacable.com

If you write mystery ... or if your stories only have elements of mystery (like mine) ... visit your local Sisters in Crime chapter. They are a fabulous group of mostly women that support each other, talk about their writing, and bring in guest speakers/authors every month to help you in your research, or encourage you to keep going.

My local Murder We Write ladies are the coolest. Southern women poised with pens in one hand and a gun in the other. giggle

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: