Tuesday, January 10, 2006

2006 Whirlwind

It's started ... but then, I knew it would. I've spent the past two days up to my armpits in e-mails, meetings, and a business plan for 2006. Yes writers, you too can write a business plan.

It's a carry-over from years of working in the corporate world ... and now, I'll be damned - it's a little handy-dandy thing to know. Sitting with a publicist yesterday over a three-hour lunch meeting woke me up to the fact that even with a background in marketing and having poured myself over endless Internet articles on promotion, I still need professional guidance to get my book where it needs to be. There's more that can be done than Michael or I have time for ... my days need to be geared in other directions, mainly to my writing. A publicist can pull all the loose strings together. If you get the right one.

I'm hoping I've found her. She's a professional in my area with all the contacts and current know-how to put it all together for me. I'll keep you posted on how this is going. We're meeting with her again soon. She's an amazing woman that impressed the hell out of me -- so stay tuned.

Keeping the blog short today ... I'm going to stay on schedule if it kills me.

Blessings to you and yours - as always.

No comments: