Saturday, October 01, 2005

I Don’t Want To Be A Brain Surgeon

To me, the hardest jobs in the world are … coal miners, deep sea divers, living on a submarine, painting high bridges, skyscraper builders and window washers, prison guards, firefighters, policemen, garbage men, working with the mentally challenged, roofers, emergency room nurses, street pavers, brain surgeons, and farmers.

The physical stamina required for these positions is near god-like. The courage, I can’t even find the words needed to describe the courage that must be found to get up every day and face these jobs.

And yet, for one to accept these positions, they have to love it to a certain extent.

It doesn’t take much physical stamina to sit at a desk and type all day. And I love what I do. Love it. Love it. Love it.

I don’t want to be a brain surgeon, or even a coal miner.

I just want to write great literature.

But, I have to get up … every day … and find my courage.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: