Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Next Step In The Process

It's done. SOUTHERN FRIED WOMEN is done. Well, about 98.5% done. As far as I'm concerned, it's done. All the changes in the final draft went out in Fed-X last night. I made my deadline just shy of an hour. Now it's one more quick overview to make sure the changes were made, (maybe adding one or two more) and then WA-LA, the book will be off to the printer, and I just may have a finished book in my hand by somewhere around April 15th. The last three weeks have been unbelieveable day and night editing, back and forth with my layout artist, and five hours a night of sleep.

But, whew. I must say, it's a beautiful book. It's 256 pages of stories to be proud of. I'm very happy with the way it's turning out ... impressed with my layout artist- beyond description, and the printer seems to know exactly what we're looking for. A kick-ass looking professional piece of fiction (including galley copies.) Mmm-Mmm.

It's been a long ride, from 1985 when I wrote the first story in this collection. The next step in the process? There's so many, I hesitate to think. I'm backed up on so much ... I need to meet with so many people ... my book launch is planned for June 1st, and there's a ton of work that needs done for that.

But, for today, I think I'll go to the next step in the process ... take a shower before noon, put on makeup so my husband doesn't forget what I look like, make my bed, find my desk again, organize my piles, eat out (a novelty) and then maybe ... take a nap. Yeah, that's my next step.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: