Friday, March 10, 2006

In A Perfect World

In a perfect world, I'd have time for coffee every week with friends ...

In a perfect world, Dena and I would meet each week and go over the lists of accomplishments for the week, rather than our "to do" lists ...

In a perfect world, I would have already met with Deborah, and would have our strategy mapped out entirely ... it would cover speaking and selling books in every major city and small town in the South ...

In a perfect world, I would have my talks to book groups and women’s' groups down to a science ...

In a perfect world, I'd be able to make every writing conference, event, and author appearance in my region ...

In a perfect world, I'd get up at 5, work out, get to a networking meeting, have breakfast with my husband, write for five to six hours, and spend a leisurely evening relaxing with my family ...


In a perfect world, I wouldn't be so damn anal and have to rewrite sixteen times ...

In a perfect world, everyone I love would live within an hour of me ...

In a perfect world, I'd live in the mountains with a condo on Fripp Island ...

In a perfect world, the Panthers would win the Super Bowl (I threw that in there for my step-son, Christopher ...)

In a perfect world, Mike and I would be grandparents by now ...

In a perfect world, I'd never have to put anything off, especially thank you cards ...

In a perfect world, my family would be closer ...

In a perfect world, I'd never have to use spell check, a Thesaurus, and my clever mind would not labor over every sentence--it would automatically know the correct sequence of words ...

In a perfect world, I'd write a column, send fabulous articles to a few magazines every month, and have time to spit out a novel every ten months, of which all would hit the bestseller lists ...

In a perfect world ... I am a size 6.

In a perfect world ... I'd never need Botox.

In a perfect world ... I could drink all the margueritas I wanted.

BUT THIS ISN'T A PERFECT WORLD ... and my soul cries for more time ... what I wouldn't give to add an hour or two to every day. But if I had the option for perfection, I'd have to look past all of the above and say because I've had hardships in my life, challenges every step of the way, and because I've struggled ... my imperfections are where the richness of my stories originate ... so in a way ... I guess I don't want a perfect world.

But, a size 6 would be nice.

Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In a perfect world, I wouldn't get into a lather over small things (see today's entry in my blog).

In a perfect world, kids would say "J.K. Rawlings who?" but the name "Dena Harris" would have them giddy with excitement.

In a perfect world, every stray dog and cat would find a home and know what it is to be loved.

In a perfect world, I would have Pamela Cable for a friend.

Hey...things are looking up!