Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Back's Against The Wall

If you write and publish, you'll understand when I say ... my back's against the wall, my deadline is Sunday, no more time to spend on anything other than having the book ready to be turned in on Sunday to my layout artist.

No more nothing until after this Sunday.

Sunday, Sunday.

Yet, I'm scheduled to speak tonight at my local chapter of Sisters In Crime, and on Saturday in Lincolnton at the International Women's Writing Guild Conference for the Carolinas.

And I'm chomping at the bit to answer all the questions in my previous blog about the writing process and publishing. I've got some great answers.

And I've got to get with my publicist, my speech coaches, plan my launch, etc. etc. etc.

And the list of things to do is as long as my arm and then some.

Whew.

But everything has to wait ... it's all on hold for now. This is the life of a writer, folks.

Now to stop blogging ... get to work. The pay off is a finished first book ... and a hopefully - a great one.

Fingers and toes crossed. And say a little prayer.

Talk to you next week ... if I'm not in the hospital from exhaustion.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: