Friday, August 18, 2006

Love In Mass

I'm up very early this morning, and everyone knows ... I'm not a morning person. But I can't sleep. I'm overwhelmed at the response I've been receiving when I speak. This week I've delivered my soul with my words to two large groups, both men and women. Yesterday to at least 100 people (I'm guessing.) But that doesn't matter ... what matters is that this audience welcomed Michael and I with open arms, heard me speak, and then stood in line and bought my book, a show of support and of love. Their warm words and actions afterward will forever be stamped on my memory.

I've been walking around in a daze ever since yesterday. How can I write about this and sound grateful and humble (which I am.) How do you tell the world through this media of Internet that no matter the size of my audience and its response, that I will forever feel that way ... I will never forget where I've come from and the struggle and pain it took to get even this far.

How does one love in mass?

Mass quantities of love ... is it possible? Because that's what I felt yesterday. Amidst the sea of faces before me, I felt that light at the end of the tunnel that God showed me years ago. It opened up and I walked through it. It's been a very long time coming ... but I know this is only the beginning. Thing is, I know my heart and I can say I'm not looking for a pot of gold at the end of any rainbow, nor am I after what it can bring ... but I know my message and what it can do. The healing that it can deliver.

After all, isn't that why God allows us to travel to the bottom of our barrels ... so that when He leads us up and out of those dark, murky, waters ... we can "testify" as to where we've come from and how we got there? Isn't that the real purpose in any speech like mine?

To help others find love in mass.

Love that I never knew existed, until yesterday. It was an amazing sight to behold. I shall never, ever forget it. And I will always be grateful for it.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: