Monday, July 31, 2006

Stick A Fork In Me ... I'm Done

Every once in a while, we need to REST.

I took a few days off after the successful "Women Authors and Wine" night at the open house for Jewel Day Spa last Friday night. Wow, and what an evening it was! Around 200 guests showed up, listed to Dena, Nicole, and myself read pieces from our books. I was so busy selling and signing SOUTHERN FRIED WOMEN, there was no time to sample any of the food or wine!

But all in all, I was able to share 20% of the proceeds that evening with the Women's Resource Center in Greensboro ... and that's a very good thing.

I've been experiencing a couple days of not feeling up to my old self, however. Feeling rather worn out from going full steam ahead since Spring. Summer is more than half over and I can't even remember when it began! So Mike and I took off to the mountains, our favorite place on earth, and kicked back for the weekend.

"Stick a fork in me, I'm done!" My mom always said it ... now I say it.

Funny how those old sayings we considered so silly as kids, we find ingrained on our tongues as adults. But I thought about that old saying a lot the past couple days. It's the best way to say ... I'm taking some time to rest and I mean it!

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: