Wednesday, November 02, 2005

What Is This Thing, This Blog Thing?

I was told by a phychic that 2006 would be explosive for me. Yeah, well ... who the hell knows. I get up every morning and look at this on-line diary, journal, "blog" and wonder who the hell reads it anyway. On my web site, I'm positive and professional (I hope) and informative ... but here in la-la blog land ... I write from my gut about how I feel at this very moment. It ain't always pretty.

I was reading Jennifer Crusie's web site early this morning, because I was told it was the "perfect author web site." Not sure how damn perfect it is, but it's damn good ... and the woman sure has had a string of great books to her credit ... and all those cheery cherry thingy's ... at the very least she's entertaining. But what I really liked about it, was her candid comments about finding agents and where do you expect to find yourself in your writing career five/ten years from now. She made me think.

She made me think that ten years ago, my life was nowhere close to my dream as I am today. I didn't know it then, but all those stories I collected and shoved into notebooks, folders, shoeboxes, wouldn't go to waste. So, yeah, anything is possible.

But am I going to write a blog for ten years? Will I look back and still wonder if anybody's reading it? Man-o-man some of the crappy, unreadable, blogs on line ... it's hard to believe anybody's reading them. But then I look at my blog ... written by a middle-aged Southern woman ... who's reading me? I take a few more sips of coffee ...

It doesn't matter.

I'm reading me. This is for me ... and if somebody cares to share, wonderful, but this blog is for me. My journal used to be a private thing ... now it's spilled out over the Internet in front of God and everybody. Where will I be in ten years? Hopefully, in my dream house in the mountains ... with six or seven novels to my credit ... grandchildren at my feet ... fixing breakfast for Michael ... coffee brewing in the pot ... and a quick trip to the computer ...

to write my daily blog.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: