Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday Morning Moaning

... I'm so far behind, I think I'm first.

Where do I start ... I've got so much to do here at my little writing desk, I don't know which end is up or how to find it. Overwhelming ... that's what it is.

And I've got to stop writing this blog and get to work. Put my priorities in order, make a list of things that have to be done today, stop procastinating! Close the door to my office and shut out Judge Judy from Mama's TV watching and get to work! A perfect day to start a new project or better yet, finish the story I started last week!

Arrruugh! I feel like Lucy complaining to Charlie Brown.

Time to stop moaning, get out of this nightgown, take a shower, make the bed, eat breakfast, work out ... maybe by noon, I'll be ready to write. (See how easy it is to put it off?)

That's why I'm usually in my nightgown until minutes before Michael comes home and sometimes I never get out of it. The bed goes unmade, the wash still stinks in the laundry room, and I stink from no shower ... (writers do suffer from personal hygiene neglect.)

So here I sit, my feet and my coffee are cold. I'm hungry, my hair's not been touched this morning, I'm still picking eye boogers out of my eyes, and the work is piling up.

Okay, I'll stop ... but first ... another cup of coffee and warm socks. Maybe a shower in an hour, and I'll make the bed after lunch. I have a restless character waiting to have her story finished.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: