Monday, February 06, 2006

It's A Gas, Gas, Gas

I love the Stones. I'm such a mixture when it comes to music. I love blue grass, country, gospel, and pop, R&B is soothing to me ... and good ole' rock and roll has its place in my "top 40 countdown."

Yesterday, watching Mick Jagger girate all over the stage in the middle of the Super Bowl, I had to giggle. I still love those old songs. Start Me Up, Satisfaction, Jumpin' Jack Flash, and all the songs that our parents hated.

"Turn that devil music off!" I can still hear it.

What I love about my generation, is the appreciation of music I share with my children's generation. Athough I'm not fond of rap or heavy metal, I'm not so quick to discount it. I don't want to listen to it, but I don't condem those who do. Unless, of course, they force me to listen when they pull their car up next to mine at a stop light. But then, I just reach over and crank up my Beach Boys CD. "That'll get 'em."

At any rate, I do enjoy all types of music ... even at his age, Mick is still a gas, gas, gas.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: