Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Is There Anybody Out There?

Hello … Hello … Hello … is there anybody out there?

Isn’t that a Pink Floyd song?

It’s my song this morning … I read on one of my Cyber Girlfriend's blog, that blogs sell books.

According to the DenverPost.com of February 7th, Bloggers Nudge Literary Fiction to the Presses--By David Milofsky ... Lauren Snyder, publicity director for Coffee House Press, ... says ... "I do think people are paying attention to blogs and that there is definitely a market," Snyder says. "Right now it might be a cult following, but it's a following just the same, and the reach is going further and further all the time."

Caitlin Hamilton Summie, marketing director of Unbridled Books agrees. "We're all excited about the blogs," she says. "But whether or not it's going to lead to a measurable sales bump in the near future, of course we can't know. The question is whether this kind of discourse will lead to greater interest in literary authors in the future. While we've obviously lost review space for fiction in print markets, the blogs provide an opportunity to create a larger community for books."

I’d like to know, what do you think? Is there anybody out there? Does anybody really read blogs?

For me, it's a journal, of sorts ... but does anybody care about a blog enough to read the author's book? I'm taking my own poll. Any takers?

Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog and Melody's blog religiously. I peek in at 2 others, both friends. But that's it. I've never read the blog of someone I don't know or someone famous. My guess is it's a combination lack of time and interest. Who else is as fascinating as us?? ;)