Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Time At Easter

It doesn't seem like Easter. Too early in the year, maybe. Except that here in NC, the weather has been pretty perfect. Sunny, blue skies ... warm ... flowering trees and shrubs ... I thank God nearly every day for the mild weather of this state. That may be strange, but after living in a state where the sun seldom makes an appearance between November and May ... I'm truly thankful to live in the South.

And then again, maybe it seems more like Thanksgiving time to me than Easter. I'm thankful the week is over. Michael's gallbladder is long gone, he's on the mend ... finally able to sleep on his side. Surgery is not fun at any age. The doctor removed his drainage tube, and he can drive again. He's lost weight, but other than mild discomfort ... he's going to feel like a new man in a few more days, I think.

This time last week, I was in Ohio. My daughter-in-law-to-be graduated from OSU. Regal in her gray and red gown, the title of Doctor now officially belongs to Annie. A special time for her and Aaron with graduation and a bridal shower all in one weekend. Columbus is not only a major college town, the capitol city of Ohio is full of trendy restaurants, traffic, and tons of people. It's a fun city to visit. But driving home, was anything but fun. When my cell phone rang at right about the WV border, and my sister-in-law explained that my husband was in the emergency room ... let's just say I don't want to live through a trip like that ever again. I'm glad it's over.

It is believed by the Christian world that Christ rose from the dead on the third day after his crucifixion. That the tomb could not hold him. For Christians everywhere, that is the difference between our faith and the rest of the world's beliefs. For the majority of religion ... man is in constant search for his God. But in Christianity ... it is God who came searching for us. How beautiful.

So, this Easter, I'm also thankful. Michael and I thank you for your prayers.

It's going to be quite a banner year. The interest in Televenge grows weekly. I'm hoping for representation within the month. So ... keep your prayers coming. It's only a matter of time.

Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Michael is on the mend and you're a step closer to fame and fortune. Love it when good things happen to people I know. ;) Happy Easter.