Saturday, March 08, 2008

Rubbing It In

I woke up to a blizzard this morning. In Cleveland. On the Weather Channel.

(Can anybody hear me laughing?)

I'm so happy I live in sunny, mild North Carolina. Where the birds are singing and the sun is shining and the temp is in the 50s. And my daffodils are in full bloom. Spring has come to the South. Although yesterday reminded me of lake effect weather (it rained all day) North Carolina does not have day after day after day of the stuff. The kind of pea soup weather that can drive you out of your mind. Where you wonder how you ended up on a planet with no sun. Ohio weather.

Ah yes, my daughter (who lives in Columbus) tells me that the sun is over-rated. Well, I suppose when you live in a state that sees very little of the fat, powerful Mr. Sun, you'd say that.

For me, I love the sunshine. Every minute of it. Open the blinds and let the rays pour in ... while I laugh at the thought of my son de-icing planes in Cleveland.

Sorry kids. Your mom loves her mild winter wonderland. You can have your blizzards and zero degree weather. I think I'll go have my coffee on the deck now.

Tootles.

... and blessings on this warm Carolina morning. (hee hee hee hee)

No comments: