Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Favorite Quotes

For me, as a writer, these top my list ...

“You are an extraordinary woman,
how can you expect to live an ordinary life.”
– Louisa May Alcott


“When you realize who you are, you understand that nothing
can stop you from becoming that person.”
– Christine Lincoln


“The question isn’t who is going to let me;
it’s who is going to stop me.”
– Ayn Rand


“I know for sure that I created this happiness by choice.
And I know it’s really not just one choice that matters,
it’s all the baby choices that will lead you to the ultimate moment,
when you can make the strongest stand
and commitment to yourself
and the life that’s calling your name.”
– Oprah Winfrey


“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet.
Only through experiences of trial and suffering
can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired
and success achieved.”
– Helen Keller


“It is not enough merely to love literature, if one wishes to spend one's life as a writer. It is a dangerous undertaking on the most primitive level. For, it seems to me, the act of writing with serious intent involves enormous personal risk. It entails the ongoing courage for self-discovery. It means one will walk forever on the tightrope, with each new step presenting the possibility of learning a truth about oneself that is too terrible to bear.”
– Harlan Ellison
Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Oprah comment. (Love all of them, but especially that one.)

You're so deep. The quotes page on my blog has as my top quote:
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons; For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Author Unknown.

Cracks me up every time. I need help.