Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Rocks

Sometimes I'm a rock. In the midst of crisis, I can hold my own and everybody else's. And then sometimes I'm an emotional mess. Weepy. Sounds hormonal, doesn't it?

Today I'm filled with anger. Not a rage, but a grate-on-my-nerve "get-out-of-my-way" feeling and I can't seem to shake it. I need to give myself permission to feel this way once in a while. Give myself permission to feel irritated. I need to throw a couple rocks.

One thing I've learned, is that "wantin' ain't gettin'." It just doesn't work that way. Even in a lifetime of hard-knocks. It doesn't matter how bad we want something, even if we've earned it--most of the time, we don't get what we want. And sometimes, we don't even get what we need.

So yes, I'd like to throw a couple rocks this morning. Unfortunately, I throw like a girl, and it wouldn't do anything but hurt my arm. But if I had a basket of them, I'd throw them. As fast and as hard as I could.

To quote a line from Forrest Gump, "Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks." That is certainly the case today.

Blessings to you and yours and me and mine. I sure could use one today.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Call me, girl, and we'll throw some rocks together.