Monday, February 01, 2010

A New Day

Today is a milestone. Although I cannot go into detail at this time, it marks a rebirth. I'm excited for it. The change is here. It's upon me now and I have no choice but to surrender to it. January 2010 was a month of preparation. But now, after over 15 months of slow blogging, few submissions, countless rewrites, I can now say with enthusiasm ... I am BACK!

That's not to say I didn't learn a few hard lessons during these past 15 months, because indeed, I did. One would think at my age the lessons should all be learned. But I believe God had a few more up his sleeve with my name on them.

Reading my own blog submissions from this 15-month time period, I hear the frustration in my voice. It grieves me. I grieve for the time lost. Yet, the reading and writing sabbatical was needed in order for me to get to where I am now.

I have not taken steps backward. If anything, I have moved farther ahead in my writing than where I would've found myself had I continued at the rate I was going. Confusing, I know. I ask myself, who cares? Nobody, probably. It's just that I know where I'm headed, finally. The journey I took to get to today has been a rocky one. But I'm here. I'm full. My cup runneth over with good things to come.

It's a new day. And I'm glad it's here.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: