Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Odds And Ends

First, let me get this out of my system ... I should NEVER gloat over the fact that the sun shines more in NC than in other states! LESSON LEARNED. Never, since I've lived here all these seven years, have I seen such a string of sunless days! I HATE THIS WEATHER!! To quote my best friend in Ohio, "....it's weather that makes you want to slit your wrists!" Okay, that's over-reacting, but I'm really not used to weeks of solid gray skies anymore. This stinking low has hovered over us now, for what--a month at least. It's depressing, and there's not a damn thing anybody can do about it. My apologies to Ohio. The South is stuck in your normal weather pattern ... maybe just to remind me that I should never gloat about the sunny South again.

I'm rapidly putting final touches to a speech I'm delivering this Saturday at the Dogwood Writing Conference in Kentucky. My speech to writers of mostly the Romance genre, will focus on issues of writing yourself out of a dark spot. It will be video-taped and hopefully, with any luck, I'll put pieces of it on the web. I've taken the speech, Coming out of the Dark and into the Life of a Writer, and put a spin on it. A new twist for a writing audience.

Michael and I have a few new projects on the horizon, and some very good news about Southern Fried Women! So keep your eyes open for these future blogs: A Re-release for Southern Fried Women ... Home is Where the Heart Hopes to Be ... AND Fearless at Fifty. The New Trend - Corporations letting go of their older employees. How to survive as a baby-boomer who's too young to retire!

Ah, the ranting continues.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: