Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Why We Don't Need Another Titanic





So this morning I'm drinking my coffee with an ear tuned to the Today Show, when I hear there's an Australian billionaire currently building an exact replica of the Titantic to travel the exact same route in 2016.

Complete with period costumes and music, the unsinkable ship will set sail this time with plenty of lifeboats and modern equipment to locate icebergs. First class passengers will pay a million dollars to sail on the Titanic 2, and steerage will party below like it's 1912.

Global warming will, hopefully, guarantee an iceberg-free trip. They're hailing it as "the safest ship in the world."

I kidd you not.

Shaking my head, I hurt thinking a world that suffers from AIDS, cancer, bad hearts, and starvation while you, Mr. Billionaire, want to build a big boat just for the fun of it.

I suppose people can spend their money any way they want, but this? Seriously?

What more can one say, other than ... what a absolute waste of time, energy, and money.

Okay. I'll step down from my soapbox and get back to work.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: