Monday, March 12, 2012

Sharing A Piece Of Yourself

Whew! Too much time between blogs. All the things you're not supposed to do if you're a blogger, I've done. But I've been blogging since 2005. The rules for blogging were not clearly defined back then. Then again, I don't follow many rules, I'm afraid. Anyway, after all this time, I'm not about to stop blogging now. My intentions of becoming a super-blogger are still in the works, however, they're taking a backseat to getting my new book out. Something has to give somewhere.

I've received eight "yes's" to my request for blurbs from my list of respected authors. I'm extremely happy about it. There are a few more authors I'm waiting on, but as the deadline grows nearer I wonder if I'll hear from them at all. As it is, I'm thankful for those kind and courteous authors who have at least emailed me back. And for those who have decided to give me a bit of their time to say nice things about my book. As a writer, every kind word, gesture, helping hand, and loving heart that sends help my way, I'm not only thankful for, I'm moved beyond words. People are busy these days, and when you are lucky enough for someone to give you a piece of themselves, it's a tremendous blessing that should never go unrecognized.

I have a large, ornate serving dish hanging on my dining room wall that says, Don't just count your blessings, share them. This is a tough business, and sometimes I feel as though I'm out here all alone. I'm sure I'm not the only writer who feels that way.

For me, I'm coming down the home stretch. The book cover is done and everything else is rolling into place. There's still much to do, but after a decade in the writing, TELEVENGE will soon see the light of day. It's a big book. Over 700 pages. Blood, sweat, and plenty of tears cover each of those pages. So when someone says to me, Yes, I'll send you a blurb, I don't take it lightly. Once again, I'm grateful beyond words.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: