Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

So much is happening, I haven't even had time to write a Merry Christmas blog. But then again, I didn't do a whole lot this holiday season other than work on edits for The Sanctum and prepare for the day my agent plans to submit to New York publishers, which is right around the corner. It was a working holiday. For sure.

A few inches of snow ended up in my front yard on Christmas evening but I didn't notice it. I don't think I left the house more than three or four times the whole of December. I spent no time this Christmas with family. They're all out of state and I was up to my eyeballs in work. I think I watched one Christmas movie, listened to a few carols, wrapped one or two gifts, and baked two pies. That was it. Whoopee.

The holiday of a writer under the gun.

I hate to admit this but I didn't even put up a tree this year. Just my manger scene, a gift from my best friend, Tina. That's it. That was the extent of our Charlie Brown Christmas. My husband and I agreed that since nobody was coming this year and both of us were working on deadlines, it just wasn't going to be our Currier & Ives Christmas. Not this year.

But I'm okay with it.

Some years are definitely better than others. Quite possibly, next year could be a banner year. Still, it just happened to turn out that Christmas fell in the midst of getting my novel seamless. And so -- you make the sacrifice.

I'm looking forward to the new year, and with any luck, it'll be a very happy one. I could use one for a change.

Many happy new year blessings to you and yours, as well.

No comments: