Friday, August 27, 2010

A Southern Writer's Soul-Mate

I can't believe it's been a week since spending the day with my dear friend, Beth Hoffman. www.bethhoffman.net. WE, I really must say, are cut from the same burlap bag. I met her on her turf in Kentucky and we laughed all the way through lunch and dinner. Her wisdom, her humor, and her sense of style - I look back on it as one of the best days in my life. Swept up in our love of writing, sharing the pain and pleasure of our work, we didn't lack for things to talk about, I assure you.

Somewhere in time, our great grandmothers had to have rocked together in the same swing, and snapped beans on the same front porch. It's just that simple.

And it's not just that we share the same backgrounds, we also agree on many aspects of the publishing industry. Finding a writing soul-mate is a rare thing. Very much so. Therefore, I look forward to the future, knowing I have Beth Hoffman as my friend. A southern writer who gets me. Is there anything better?

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: