Wednesday, May 06, 2009

To Say Thank You

I arrived at work this morning and to my surprise, a pot of bright-white daises greeted me. My boss and his wife are, no doubt, the best folks I've ever worked for. Their thank-you to me was out of the blue, just because they're thankful for me being there for them. Unexpected, this gesture blessed me.

It made me wonder how many times in our life we say, "thank you." How many times do we say it and mean it? To give thanks is not just reserved for a November Holiday. To be grateful and thankful and show it, is often an art.

Some folks have no idea how to show their thanks. Where others go overboard. But I find as I grow older that a simple gesture, or a homemade card, or a note, or a kind word, or a pot of fresh flowers ... that's thanks enough and so appreciated.

Whether it comes from you or from those you love, remember to celebrate Thanksgiving ... even in the Spring.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: