Friday, May 15, 2009

Limping Along

I've been nursing a sick husband for two weeks. Knee surgery at any age can be a test of endurance and patience. Well into the month of May, I'm still optimistic that this month will bring tidings of great joy.

Just not in the way I thought.

I'm grateful for a successful surgery and a husband who tolerates pain. Life's perks don't always appear in the ways you think they should. Blessings don't arrive like watching a car pull slowly into your driveway. Sometimes you don't realize a blessing until months later. Even years. Often, the good times in life don't seem like it. In the midst of adversity, we cannot see the advantage. We don't feel like blessing God for His miracle hand.

Today, I'm grateful for the trials of life, as well as the blessings.

They've made me who I am.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: