Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Catch-up Blog

Ahh, I wish I could take the time to put lots of pretty pictures on my blog. But as it stands, I'm lucky to find fifteen minutes in the morning to type any kind of blog these days.

Is it really the middle of the month? It freaks me out that time goes this fast. Yesterday it was New Years Day. It seems, anyway.

I volunteer a small piece of my time with a new group, the Author Marketing and Promotion Group in Greensboro. Yesterday, we had our first meeting of the new year. This group is for published authors searching for new ways to market, promote, and distribute their work. It consists of goal setting, challenges, sharing opportunities, and all sorts of cool and innovative means to get the word out about our books. Right now, this group is in its infancy. And really, this meeting was just a kick-off to get the ball rolling. A meeting to get the "bugs out" before adding new members. I'm excited about this group and I expect great things from it as the year progresses.

Branding, a new web site, new connections all over the Internet, and more speaking engagements ... it's all part of writing and promoting my work.

There's exciting news about my book, that I can't go into detail about today. I'll share soon! Right now, I'm working like a mad woman ... we'll just leave it at that for now. Actually, there are a couple great and exciting pieces of news on the horizon. So stay tuned.

That's my catch-up blog!

A quote by Franz Kafka ... "If the book we’re reading doesn’t wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? ... we need the books that affect us like a disaster, that grieve us deeply, like the death of someone we loved more than ourselves, like being banished into forests far from everyone, like a suicide. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us."

Something to think about.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: