Wednesday, October 17, 2007

News, National and Not

More news on televangelists. Richard Roberts this time. Son of Oral. According to the news, there are accusations of illegal money handling and other dirty misdeeds. Whether true or not, we may never know. And most Americans have gotten used to hearing ugly media about these "men of God." But the megachurches are filled every week, folks. The prayer line phone numbers flash on TV screens all over the country and billions of dollars flow through TV ministries from coast to coast every week.

Religious broadcasting is here to stay. Like it or not.

High Point Literary League Fall Conference today! Sharyn McCrumb, one of my favorites, spoke and signed her books afterwards. It was such a pleasure meeting her.

I'm still waiting to hear from my chosen agents. Two have requested partials, one has the entire manuscript. In the meantime, I'm working on ideas for two more books. God in his wisdom keeps me sane through this waiting period.

With constant news on the evangelical front, I'm hoping Televenge strikes a chord with many. It's like I've said from the beginning ... in God's hands. But it doesn't stop me from feeling like I'm on some lost highway, waiting to find my dream at the next stop for gas.

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: