Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another FREE Story From SOUTHERN FRIED WOMEN!

Vernell Paskins, Mobile Home Queen!

Below is the link where you can purchase it for free at this moment in time. The story is available in all ebook formats with embedded links. The links to buy the whole ebook or paperback are at the end of the story.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/126565

Enjoy the story!


VERNELL PASKINS, MOBILE HOME QUEEN, spoke to me in ways I never dreamed a character could. While studying a map of North Carolina one day, I saw a tiny town (a crossroads, really) named Needmore. Not living far from there, my husband and I decided to drive to the area. A beautiful little spot in the country, but there wasn’t much to see. The place did ‘need more’ to be called a town. Still, the name of the locale intrigued me.

What type of person lives in Needmore and do they really … need more?

Over the next several days, a character popped into my head and I placed her in Needmore, with a dose of humor, hopes and dreams, and huge disappointments in her life. A woman with little education most people look at and call “low life” or “white trash.” Although Vernell struggles to make a way where there seems to be no way … living from paycheck to paycheck (like so many women I know) the deck is stacked against her. I asked myself, what if ... she lived in a doublewide and worked at the interstate flea market ... what if ...

Blessings to you and yours.

No comments: